ROTC Scholarships

Apply during the current semester in order to receive the scholarship for the following semester.
In this Section

ROTC Scholarships pay full tuition, most fees, plus $1,200 per year book allowance.

Apply during the current semester in order to receive the scholarship for the following semester.

To be eligible for scholarships, you must:

  • have a GPA of at least 2.5
  • have a qualified medical physical (paid for by Army ROTC)
  • pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (ACFT)

Visit the official Army ROTC website for more information about scholarships.

Monthly Stipend

All contracted ROTC cadets receive a pro-rated, nontaxable monthly allowance ($300 to $500) during the academic year, plus pay for all summer training.

Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)

Students in the Army National Guard or Army Reserve can receive full tuition for eight semesters, drill pay as a sergeant ($300 per month), Montgomery GI Bill® incentives, plus a pro-rated stipend.

Campus-Based Scholarships

On-campus scholarships are offered to both current and future students who were not offered or did not apply for the Federal ROTC Scholarship or Green-to-Gold program. These scholarships range in length from two to four years. Scholarship awardees also receive a book allowance for $1,200 per year and also receive a monthly stipend.

Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarship

Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) scholarships are available through the USAR for students that desire to participate in the Senior ROTC program. These scholarships guarantee that the student once graduated from school and commissioned in the U.S. Army, must serve their obligation in the USAR or ARNG. USAR scholarships provide for two years of benefits. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have exactly two years of school remaining. Contact the Professor of Military Science (PMS) at your school's Army ROTC department to determine specific eligibility requirements. 

These scholarships pay up to $20,000 for tuition and fees or room and board. The student can choose which option they desire. In addition, a $900 per year book allowance is paid to the student. Also, a cadet stipend is paid per month to the student in the following amounts: $400 for the junior year and $500 for the senior year. Cadet may also use the Chapter 1606 or Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB), if eligible. See the PMS to determine eligibility for the Selected Reserve (SR)-MGIB and kicker. The Kicker pays $350 per month in addition to what is paid by the SR-MGIB. The USAR-GRFD scholarship student must participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) with a USAR unit prior to commission. Cadets who participate in the SMP are paid at the rank of E-5, approximately $225 per month, unless the cadet was already in the USAR and holds a rank higher than E-5.

High School Scholarships

Are you interested in the Army and college? Get the best of both worlds with a Four-Year Scholarship straight out of high school.

The high school Four-Year Scholarship is for high school students planning on attending a four-year college program. With this scholarship, you don't have to worry about paying back your tuition bill after graduation. However, this route is not for everyone and there are requirements and commitments after graduation.


  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Be between the ages of 17 and 26
  • Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalent
  • Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
  • Meet physical standards 
  • Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)

Your Commitment:

  • An eight-year service commitment with the Army.
  • Serve full time in the Army for four years and four years with the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR).
  • Selected Cadets may choose to serve part-time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career.

Are you ready to take on the challenge?

If you are ready to start your future and are ready to apply for the scholarship, you first need to create a MY GOARMY account. Then you will be sent to the MY GOARMY Log In page. Once you have successfully created your account information, login to the scholarship application site.

If you have any questions, Mr. Jared Siverling, the Northwoods Battalion Scholarship and Enrollment Officer, is the primary point of contact for any questions concerning the ROTC scholarship and enrollment. He can be reached at 715-308-0512 and

Green to Gold

UW-Stout Army ROTC also accepts two, three, and four-year Green-to-Gold (GTG) Scholarship recipients, Active Duty Option (ADO) recipients and Non-Scholarship GTG students as well. The GTG program is designed for active-duty soldiers who desire to complete their education and earn their commission as a 2LT in the Active Duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves. You can start your application process online. 

Soldiers applying for GTG must have the approval of their chain of command and must be accepted to UW-Stout.