This certificate program is intended to provide background in career and technical education to leaders in technical colleges, K12 schools, or workforce development agencies who seek knowledge of the field in order to be effective leaders.
This program enhances learners’ knowledge and skills in:
- Identifying and evaluating issues and trends in contemporary career and technical education.
- Supervising comprehensive CTE programs that connect education, work, and economic development.
- Applying continuous quality improvement practices to CTE programs at the secondary and postsecondary levels.
- Nine (9) credit certificate can be completed in one year
- Courses offered entirely online delivery format
- Includes elective(s) to meet career goals
- Credits may be used in Masters or Ed.D. in CTE program
While not a substitute for a degree or diploma, the certificate is an alternative credential for individuals seeking to obtain new knowledge and skills or to update their knowledge and skills in career and technical education. The certificate can be completed as a stand-alone program or as part of the Master’s in CTE program. This certificate does not qualify as part of a Wisconsin K-12 teacher certificate or licensure program.
Admission Requirements and Application Materials
To apply to the certificate program, please complete the online application form.
Additionally, the following program-specific materials are required at the time of application:
- Updated resume
- Provide a statement regarding your goals for the certificate
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.