The goals of the B.F.A. in Interior Design:
• to nurture thoughtful, independent, and creative thinkers.
• to promote an interactive studio culture where students explore innovative design solutions, both independently and collaboratively.
• to educate future professional interior designers through theory, practice, research, and history.
• to teach relevant curriculum in support of our accreditation.
• to develop articulate practitioners and advocates with sensitivity to social, environmental, and cultural issues.
• to prepare successful communicators in speaking, writing, and graphic methods and technical systems.
• to establish and maintain industry connections and relationships.
The enduring values of the B.F.A. in Interior Design:
• Respect, compassion, and empathy
• Function and safety
• Beauty and meaning
• Sustainability and stewardship
• Community and inclusivity
• Health and well-being
• Ethics and professional integrity
• Evidence-based and conceptual design
• Purposeful problem solving
• Lifelong learning