Graduates from the Family and Consumer Sciences Education(FCSE) are entering a high-demand job market and we have a 100% job placement. The online program is ideal for working professionals and those considering a career change. Most graduates enjoy rewarding career instructing middle and high school students about:
- Family Studies
- Resource Management
- Housing & Interior Design
- Food & Nutrition
- Child Development & Care
- Textiles, Fashion & Clothing Construction
As a family and consumer science major, you'll be part of one of the largest programs in the U.S. UW-Stout graduates are known nationally and internationally for their ability and leadership.
- Family strength, diversity and vitality across the lifespan
- Personal, social and material resources that meet human needs
- Consumer roles and responsibilities
- Balancing personal, family and work lives
- Home and community settings and technologies that support individuals and families
- Policies that support individuals, families and communities
There is also a high demand for family and consumer science graduates in business, extension and social service agencies. Career opportunities outside the classroom include corporate wellness programming, community education, and child, family, and consumer advocacy.