Inclusive Excellence is a UW System planning process aimed at creating a set of initiatives to achieve an integrated set of goals surrounding diversity. In particular, Inclusive Excellence:
- Employs a dual focus in diversity efforts, concentrating on both increasing compositional diversity and creating learning environments in which students of all backgrounds can thrive;
- Requires a more comprehensive, widespread level of engagement and commitment ensuring that every student fulfills their educational potential;
- Places the mission of diversity at the center of institutional life so that it becomes a core organizing principle around which institutional decisions are made;
- Calls for a close attentiveness to the student experience itself including the impact of race and ethnicity, and the influence of physical ability, sexual orientation, gender expression, socioeconomic background, and first-generation status on their learning experiences; and
- Demands that the ideals of diversity and excellence be pursued as the interconnected and interdependent goals they are.
UW-Stout is a community committed to this process, whose aim is to cultivate an environment fostering and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accountability at every level of university life. We value diversity intrinsically and for the benefits it brings to our community. We strive to create learning environments in which students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds can thrive and fulfill their academic, personal, and professional potential in an increasingly diverse global environment.
The UW System and UW-Stout are inclusive of diversity in areas including, but not limited to, the following:
- Arrest or conviction record
- Gender identity or expression
- Genetic testing
- Marital status
- National origin
- Political affiliation
- Religion or creed
- Sexual orientation
- Veterans' status or military membership
- Use or nonuse of lawful products off the employer's premises during nonworking hours
University of Wisconsin-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, color, sex, creed, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, political affiliation, marital status, disability or arrest or conviction record in its education programs, activities and employment practices. Racist and other discriminatory conduct will not be tolerated at UW-Stout.